10 Things Personal Injury Attorneys Don’t Want You to Know
With all of the personal injury lawyer ads you see on TV, it can be difficult to know who to trust. At the Scranton Law Firm, our goal is to give you the help & information to best improve your life after an accident or injury. When choosing an injury attorney, remember these 10 things:
1. All Personal Injury Law Firms have the “No Fee Guarantee”, it is an industry standard for fee collection. Only upon settlement are fees actually collected per our contracts.
2. Discounted fees are mis-leading, and like the old saying ….. “You get what you pay for.”
3. Small law firms don’t have the available cash for “Up-front Fees” such as court costs, investigators, Medical treatment, etc.. These costs can be $1000’s of dollar which are paid in advanced on your behalf. Without the ability put cash upfront for your case, the case value will diminish quickly.
4. Most firms will refer your case out to other lawyers who specialize in the area of practice that fits your case, and simply take a commission for doing nothing and not performing any work.
5. Most firms don’t want you to look at their reviews on Yelp or they don’t even have a Yelp account in good standing.
6. Everybody gives out free advice. Most won’t tell you how to take care of your own case should you chose too. We will provide the right information you will need if you elect to go it alone. Although, we rarely find that people elect to act as their own attorney.
7. Everybody has an answering service that operates 24/7. We on the other hand have associates that will follow up on calls 7 days a week.
8. There are lots of good lawyers that don’t want your case because its value is too low in their minds. We are far more likely to handle your case no matter what the value. More importantly we have the right staff to handle it.
9. Lots of Lawyers make claims they will fight for you and yield a larger settlement. The reality is settlements are based upon what can be proven and not emotional commentary by your lawyer.
10. Lots of Law firms claim to have a large support staff … which is rarely the case. Every case requires time and effort to get results which means you have to have lots professional staffing to handle the mundane tasks to get the case on the fast track. Most Law firms simply don’t have the the team it requires to get the job done.
Free Case Review. Tell Us About Your Injury & We Will Help You Figure Out Your Next Steps.
We are available 24-7 to talk to you about your potential case at no cost. Since 1973, the Scranton Law Firm has promised to give away more free information than any other law firm out there.
Why Use The Scranton Law Firm for a Personal Injury Claim?
The Scranton Law Firm has been helping injured people in California for over forty three years. We care about our clients’ welfare and we fight aggressively to protect their rights and the value of their claims. We have handled thousands of California Accident cases and recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Am I Going To Have To Go To Court?
Most injury victims do not want to see the inside of a courtroom. Our injury attorneys’ 200+ years of combined experience negotiating, arbitrating, mediating, and litigating accident cases enables us to successfully settle over 95% of our injured client’s cases out of court.
What is the Statute of Limitations?
One thing to remember is that the statute of limitations for a personal injury case is 2 years from the date of the incident, so we strongly recommend you talk to one of our California personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. We offer a free consultation and evaluation of your case.
Are You The Best Personal Injury Lawyers in California?
We like to let our results speak for us. Our personal injury lawyers have netted our clients over $500,000,000 in claims. If you are looking for the best personal injury law firm in California, talk to the Scranton Law Firm.
Where Can I Find the Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me?
Luckily, the lawyers at the Scranton Law Firm serve clients all over Northern California. Our attorneys can meet with you face-to-face, or even via a video call, if that is what you prefer. We want to make the process as easy as possible for you.
How Much Does An Injury Lawyer Cost?
In California, the most common type of personal injury lawyer fee is a contingency fee. It specifies that the lawyer’s fee is a percentage of the money a client agrees to pay when their case settles, with no money paid upfront. The word “contingent” means that if, for any reason, there is no money recovered, the lawyer will receive nothing for the time spent representing you.