Defective Medical Device
We live in a complex and technical world in which we expect the products we purchase and use to be designed and manufactured in such a manner that they are safe for our use. We also expect that the sellers and manufacturers of products will give us reasonable warnings of dangerous propensities of their products. Unfortunately, not all designers, manufacturers and sellers of products live up to these expectations and the requirements of our laws with regard to their products. Our mission in pursuing product liability cases is to obtain just compensation for our injured clients and to create an economic incentive for those manufacturing companies to produce safe products and provide sufficient warning of the dangers of their products, ultimately resulting in the saving of lives.
Here are three ways a product may be found to be dangerous:
• A design flaw or defect exists when the product was designed with a defect that makes the entire line dangerous even if the manufacturing and assembly was flawless.
• A manufacturing flaw or defect exists when a safely designed product becomes dangerous because the manufacturer failed to make the product in accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Inadequate warnings or instructions are not complete and do not give clear directions for use of the product. In some case, you may not necessarily have to prove that the manufacturer was “negligent”. Product liability claims, often called “strict product liability” can be established if you are able to prove three things:
1. The product was defective,
2. The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product,
3. The defect caused your damages.
If you have suffered injuries due to a defective product you may be able to file a claim
against the manufacturer to recover damages.
Contact the Scranton Law Firm at 1 (800) 400-8742 for a risk free consultation.
Call 24/7 for Free legal Advice 1-800-400-8742
Or Have Us Contact You
Need Help Now?
For a free and immediate case evaluation, contact us by phone or e-mail. We have representatives standing by 24/7!
Important Legal Terms
Legal definitions and explanations of various topics related to personal injury claims and insurance issues.
Meet Our Attorneys
Scranton Law Firm employs some of the best and brightest in the industry. Come meet our team!