Your personal injury consultation is an extremely important meeting. You want to make sure you are well prepared. Preparation for your consultation is very helpful. The more you’ve prepared, the better the chances are your lawyer can get you the largest settlement or win your case if it goes to trial. You want to leave the legal research to your lawyer and his or her staff, but there are a few things you should bring with you to ensure a smooth process.
Here are the 5 things you should bring to your personal injury consultation:
1. A list of any questions you have. You need to make sure the lawyer is a good fit for you. A list of well-thought questions will help you assess whether or not you should go with the prospect. Make sure your questions will help determine if you have a good case and want to proceed. Your questions should help you make important decisions.
2. Medical bills from the injury. The severity of your injury will play a significant role in your personal injury case. The damages awarded will depend largely on your past, present, and future medical bills.
3. A thorough timeline for everything related to your injury. It’s quite easy to forget what you’d like to ask, so it’s important to take notes on your accident or injury immediately. This allows your lawyer to put together a case to prove who was at fault. It also helps him determine the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
4. Photos and evidence. Photographs of the scene of the injury and any other types of evidence you can find will help tremendously in proving fault. You want to collect names and phone numbers of any witnesses and anything else relevant to your case.
5. Correspondence from the other party. Any information or legal documents from the possible defendant is important to bring to your lawyer to give him or her a timeline of any forms of communication.
If you’ve been injured in an accident such as a vehicle accident, a slip and fall, a dog bite, or any other type of accident through no fault of your own contact our personal injury attorneys today and set up a free consultation there is absolutely no fees and we can answer all of your legal questions.
Call today: 1 800 – 400 8742